DOMENICK J MASIELLO, DO, DHT, C-SPOMM
- Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor, Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine ( Middletown, NY)
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Dept. of Family & Community Medicine, New York Medical College
- Certified, Health Professions Education (University of Connecticut)
- Member, Homeopathic Pharmacopeia Convention
- Consultant, Department of Health, State of Connecticut
AOA CME credit pending (approx. 90 hours)
DOs and MDs with previous training in Osteopathy in the Cranial Field and with perceptual skills necessary to work with Primary Respiration. It is the sole responsibility of the student to verify that their professional credentials permit the practice of homeopathy and that the prescribing of homeopathic medications falls within the scope of their license.
The course will be given remotely via Zoom and will consist of both synchronous and asynchronous components.
The course begins in September 16, 2023. Sessions will be held every 4-6 weeks. Each synchronous session will be 2-3 hours in length. There will be a total of 12-14 sessions.
- Homeopathic History, Philosophy (Concepts and Methods)
- Comparative Homeopathic/Osteopathic Philosophy
- The Holistic Model – understanding the patient mentally, emotionally and physically
- Survey of the classical homeopathic literature
- Homeopathic methods of history taking, symptom analysis and prescribing
- Homeopathic drugs: their preparation, manufacture, pharmacology and regulation
- Homeopathic drug types, dosing methods
- Materia Medica of commonly used homeopathic drugs
- Case taking, case management for acute and chronic illness
- Homeopathy in pediatrics and pregnancy
- Homeopathy and epidemics: historical and modern perspectives
- Pre and post- operative prescribing
- How to Study Materia Medica
- Integration of homeopathy and OMT
- Integration of homeopathy and conventional therapeutics
- Remedy selection using Primary Respiration (including the history of remedy testing)
- Limitations of the homeopathic method
- Special topics
Tuition includes a one year license fee for the RADAR Opus homeopathic software. Student discounts will be available for the purchase of the software before the end of the course. There will be reading and video assignments to be completed before each session. Before the first session, students will be required to read, The Science of Homeopathy, by George Vithoulkas. The goal of the course is to prepare the student to see their first homeopathic patient by the end of the course.